- This event has passed.
Churton Street Stroll Tour [POSTPONED INDEFINITELY]
June 27 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
One event on June 13, 2020 at 10:00 am
One event on June 26, 2020 at 10:00 am
One event on June 27, 2020 at 10:00 am
This event has been postponed. Please check back for updates on when it will resume.
Discover the history, character and charm of Hillsborough through the historical markers on Churton Street. Join guide Barney Caton as he strolls down Churton Street explaining the real stories behind the historical markers and the story they tell of Hillsborough’s past.Tour highlights include the original site of the Occoneechee Village, Moses Curtis who was one of the best scientists in American history, the story of the North Carolina Constitutional Convention held here in town, Elizabeth Keckley’s real experience in Hillsborough and much more. Barney Caton is a wonderful and engaging guide who also leads the Haunted Hillsborough tours.
– The cost is $15 per person, or $12.50 for seniors, students and military. Tickets can be purchased on Eventbrite, here.
– Refunds are offered unconditionally for any health-related reason.
– All tours depart from Weaver Street Market.
– Social distancing and the use of face coverings is highly encouraged.
– We ask you not to attend if you are feeling unwell, especially if exhibiting any symptoms of COVID-19.
– Unfortunately, no restrooms are available on the tour.