- This event has passed.
July Last Friday Events at Margaret Lane Gallery
July 30, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
We have a full line up of Art, Music, and Spoken Word and more:
- Opening for Something to Say, featuring art work from residents at Orange Correctional Center (OCC) in Hillsborough. Come “hear” their messages, expressed through a range of mediums and styles. This show is one result of a collaboration among the participating men at OCC; the Human Kindness Foundation; the Rotary Club of Hillsborough; Eno Friends Meeting; Yesterday and Today Frame Shop; Margaret Lane Gallery; and several individuals including Mark Hall and William Grizack with Faceless No More; Melissa Radcliff with Our Children’s Place of Coastal Horizons; and Allison Davidson, teaching artist. Donations to the initiative have also been made by several area businesses and individuals.
- Opening for Local Landscapes by Local Artists. Take a tour of downtown Hillsborough and the surrounding countryside – all in the cool air of the Gallery! Participating local artists: Chrystal Hardt, Becky Johnson, David Knox, Jacqueline Rimmler, Jerry Smith, Ron Weisenfeld, and Sam Williams.
- Rotating art collections from over 30 local artists, with a range of themes, styles and mediums.
- Conversations with local artists – we expect a number of artists with work in the gallery will be attending, ready to discuss inspiration and process.
- Ready Singers (6-6:30), courtesy of ReEntry House Plus.
- Country Time (6:30-8:30), a versatile trio playing early country standards with Irish and bluegrass in the mix too. Glen Jones — bass, vox; Chris Mankoff — fiddle, vox; Spencer Woodman — banjo, vox.
A visit from local poets, courtesy of the Hillsborough Arts Council, is expected.
Organizations and other:
- Representatives from Our Children’s Place of Coastal Horizons and Human Kindness Organization will be present. We expect there will be others, along with literature from a number of helping organizations including Re-Entry House Plus.
- Friends of the Cook School at Orange Correctional will be providing prepackaged treats.