- This event has passed.
Revolutionary War Living History Day 2022
March 5, 2022
Every year, the Alliance for Historic Hillsborough invites the public to experience the local history of the American Revolution with a day of family-friendly events. With reenactors, dancers, historic tours, interactive activities, and collaborative events throughout town, this is a day all can enjoy.
Revolutionary War Living History Day focuses on Hillsborough’s unique role in the American Revolution, recalling the occupation of Hillsborough by British General Lord Charles Cornwallis and his 1,900-man army on February 20th, 1781.
This year, Revolutionary War Living History Day takes place on March 5th, 2022 from 10am-4pm, with events at the Visitors Center, the Burwell School, and the Orange County Historical Museum.
The Visitors Center, located at 150 E King St., will have the following:
– 23rd Royal Welch Fusiliers, 33rd Regiment of Foot and HM 64th Regiment of Foot reenactors
– Colonial cooking, sewing, and beer-making demonstrations by Historic Interpretations
– Visit with colonial reenactors
– Meet and greet historical fiction author Suzanne Adair
The Burwell School, located at 319 N. Churton St., will have the following:
– Continental Lafayette Long Rifles reenactors
– Colonial dancers will be performing throughout the day
And finally, the Orange County Historical Museum, located at 201 N. Churton St., will have:
– Colonial artifacts
– Rev. War Day Museum Tour
– Interpretive talks at William Hooper’s grave in the Old Town Cemetery
*Revolutionary War Living History Day is free and open to the public. Masks are required. We hope you’ll join us!