- This event has passed.
Heirloom Tomato Picnic & Tasting
July 24, 2021 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
The Heirloom Tomato Picnic & Tasting will take place on the lawn of the Burwell School from 12 pm-3 pm July 24th. This is a free event, open to the public.
- Taste a bounty of tomato varieties, talk with growers and take home seeds of your favorites.
- Relax on the lawn while the DJ plays summer tunes.
- Eat and drink everything tomato, from Colonial Inn Bloody Marys to gazpacho and BLTS and tomato pie, in your picnic lunch.
- Tomato Pie Contest and Auction -Judges Bill Smith Jr., longtime chef of Crook’s Corner, and Nancie McDermott, cooking teacher and author of Southern Pies and Southern Cakes join Margaret Brooks, home cook extraordinaire and grandmother to Dr.Kizzy Corbett. Take home a pie!
- Cool off with frozen custard from Whit’s Frozen Custard.
Remember to bring your picnic blankets or chairs. Picnic blanket tickets are for sale ONLINE for $15. Purchase here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/heirloom-tomato-picnic-tasting-tickets-160846675737
Picnic Lunches also available for purchase ONLINE! Add a Colonial Inn Bloody Mary for only $10 (nonalcoholic option available).
Click here to order: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/heirloom-tomato-picnic-tasting-tickets-160846675737
** Picnic lunches are limited and only available online.