Tomato Picnic & Tasting
July 23 @ 11:00 am - 2:00 pm| free
Bring the family and celebrate summer and its glorious tomato harvest!
The Tomato Picnic & Tasting will take place on the lawn of the Burwell School from 11 am to 2 pm on July 23rd. This is a free event, open to the public.
- Taste a bounty of tomato varieties and take home seeds of your favorites.
- Relax on the lawn while the DJ Scoville plays summer tunes.
- Eat and drink everything tomato, from Saratoga Bloody Marys to gazpacho and BLTS and tomato pie, in your picnic lunch.
- Tomato Pie Contest -Judges Aaron Vandemark from Hillsborough Bakeshop, and Saratoga Grill’s Adam Iorfida will join Nancie McDermott, author of Southern Pies and Southern Cakes, and Margaret Brooks, home cook extraordinaire.
- Live Auction with local poet Gary Phillips- Place your bid for a homemade, locally sourced tomato pie.
- Picnic Blanket ($5) and Burwell fans ($2) are for sale! Cash only.
Picnic Lunch Menu
- BLT sandwich from Steve’s Garden Market
- Tomato Pie
- Chips & Cookie
- Water, Flavored Tea, Lemonade
*Lunch tickets $30, limited supply. Must be purchased online only by 7.16.2022. Lunches purchased after 7.16 will be $40. Proceeds support programming at the Burwell School Historic Site. Rain date: Sunday, July 24th, 2-5pm.
Parking is available at Mount Bright Church (211 W Union). Please no pets at this event. A friendly reminder that Burwell is a smoke-free campus.