5 Wonderful Winter Lunches in Historic Hillsborough
January 31, 2020
While the cold weather may have you feeling a bit stuck inside, there’s nothing holding you back from getting out and enjoying some delicious eats. Whether you’re here for a weekend and are looking for a lunch with friends and family, or you want to grab a quick bite out in the middle of a hectic day, these five lunch spots are sure to delight!
1. Antonia’s – 101 N. Churton St. – This is one of Hillsborough’s most cherished, authentic Italian restaurants. Their menu does not disappoint. You can choose from one of the weekly specials, or turn to the always reliable pasta creations. Visitors Center Staff Pick: Grilled Vegetable Panini with side salad.
2. Radius Pizzeria and Pub – 112 N. Churton St.- Despite being named a ‘pizzeria and pub’, Radius has a variety of lunch offerings sure to delight any lunch goer. You won’t go wrong with one of their world-famous pizzas, but there are a myriad of sandwiches, salads, or pasta entrees. Visitors Center Staff Pick: Arugula salad topped with a cedar plank salmon filet.
3. Hillsborough BBQ Company – 236 S. Nash St. – If you’re in the mood for classic North Carolina fare, good any time of year if you ask a local, then look no further than Hillsborough BBQ. Visitors Center Staff Pick: 1/4 lb BBQ Plate with Fried Okra, Hushpuppies, and Mac n’ Cheese. It will warm you right up!
4. The Wooden Nickel – 113 N. Churton St. – Nothing conjures up warmth like a pub. If warmth is what you crave, then The Wooden Nickel is the place for you. You can find classics like burgers and wings a as well as creative takes on old classics. Visitors Center Staff Pick: WNP Tater Tots and Boneless Wings with Sweet Chili Thai Sauce.
5. Saratoga Grill – 108 S. Churton St. – And no winter lunch list would be complete without mentioning a place that offers a savory cup of soup. They are best known for their New England clam chowder, honey almond salmon, and homemade scones, but everyone can find something on the menu! Visitors Center Staff Pick: Blackened Sea Scallops over Mixed Greens Salad with a cup of New England Clam Chowder